Sunday, November 1, 2009

Egg Drop Soup


I have made this soup since Joe and I were first married, I don't remember where I got this recipe but my kids love it and it cooks up fast and easy. Make it with Wontons and Sweet and Sour Sauce, or Ham Fried Rice and have yourself a feast!
My three year old wanted me to take the picture in her Cinderella Bowl, you never know it might taste better in there!

By Marie

4 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup sliced carrots
3/4 cup frozen peas
1/2 tsp ginger
2-4 Tlbs cornstarch
1 cup cold water
2 eggs, beaten

Heat chicken broth to boiling. Add Carrots and cook for about 4 minutes.
Add frozen peas and cook about 3 more minutes or less until peas are warm. (To make this even faster, sometimes I will omit the sliced carrots and just add frozen carrot/peas mixture and only cook until they are warm)
Add Ginger.
Mix cornstarch in cold water, then slowly add to boiling broth until you have reach your desired consistency of broth. You may have to add more cornstarch to your cold water mixture if you like thick soup.
Add the beaten eggs to boiling broth, stirring quickly and immediately remove from heat.

1 comment:

Heather Wells said...

I tried this and really liked it! Thanks for posting it, I have made egg drop soup once before and it didn't turn out too well, but this recipe is very easy very good!