Friday, October 15, 2010

Guess Who...

Guess who I met?

Oh...that's right.
Bakerella.

Let's just say I'm still jumping with joy.
She signed my book.
Took my picture.
Oh...and even made my little guy giggle and blow a kiss.
(Don't mind the


How appropriate, seeing as I made one of her divine recipes for dessert last Sunday.
Easy Apple Cake.

Oh yes...VERY easy.
And the topping reminds me of Marie's Oatmeal Cake.
The dates softened out nicely and were SO tasty...even if you don't like dates...you'll like this.

I left out the Walnuts...because I didnt' have any, and I don't love nuts in cake.

It is soft and moist and rich and....just try it.
Oh...and if you want to meet Bakerella too...check out her book tour.
You won't regret it.

Easy Apple Cake

3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups oil
3 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups diced apples
1 cup chopped dates rolled in flour
1 cup chopped walnuts

Topping
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and cinnamon with a wire whisk and set aside.
Combine sugar and oil using a mixer until blended.
Add eggs and vanilla, mixing until combined.
Add flour mixture and mix well.
Stir in nuts, dates and apples. The batter will be very thick.
Pour into a greased and floured 9 X 13 pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until done.
Cool cake and using a skewer, poke holes in cake.
Cook topping ingredients on stove until mixture bubbles.
Pour topping over cake letting it seep into the cake.

Mmmm.
Go here for pictures of the cake...because I ate all mine before the batteries in my camera recharged.
dinosaur costume...we had just been at a Halloween event).

No comments: