Friday, October 15, 2010

Best Banana Bread....EVER.



Maybe it's because I found a fellow banana hater. (yes...i loathe bananas).
Maybe it's becaue I found a fellow banana hater who, miraciously, can tolerate banana bread (like me).

It's weird but true.
I gag at bananas.

I love the smell...but the taste and texture makes me hurl...or gag...or whatever.

Every year, I try to eat a banana.
It's usually ends in an entertaining show for whoever is around that one time a year.
It never works.
I still hate them.

But, oddly enough, I DO like banana bread.
Maybe baked bananas in combination with all sorts of yummy ingredients is just what I need.

I've been making the same banana bread recipe for years.
Then, I found my fellow banana hater in one of my favorite food bloggers...the Pioneer Woman.
I was dumbfounded and sweetly surprised.

Even more so when I found the recipe for Banana bread she had posted.
It is divine!
Super super super moist in middle and perfectly crusted on the outside.
And, you get to make it in a bundt pan instead of a bread pan...genious.

You MUST try this. At once!

Matti

Banana Bread
Ingredients
■2 sticks Butter
■1-½ cup + 2 TBLS Sugar
■3 whole Eggs
■1-½ cup Mashed Ripe Bananas (*Add more if you like more banana flvr...otherwise it's "mildly" banana flavored).
■4 cups + 2 TBLS Flour
■1 teaspoon Baking Soda
■1-½ teaspoon Baking Powder
■1-½ cup Sour Cream
Preparation Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Grease and flour bundt pan.
*Note: I improvised here...and it was fantastic! Grease the pan with butter crisco...instead of flour..do the following:
2 table. brown sugar
2 table regular sugar
2 tea. cinnamon.
Mix and coat the inside of the greased pan with sugar mixutre coating all sides. Shake out excess.

Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs one at a time, beating for a few seconds after each addition. Add mashed bananas and beat.

Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl.

Add dry ingredients and sour cream alternately to the mixing bowl. Beat well until all combined.

Pour into bundt pan and bake for 1 hour 10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Invert on a cooling rack and allow cake to cool slightly before slicing and serving with softened butter.

No comments: