Thursday, February 4, 2010

Peanut Butter Snowball Cookies


It's not a secret that my favorite cookies are Russian Tea Cookies...so when I found this recipe in the Southern Living cookbook I have, I was instantly intrigued.
If you love peanut butter, you'll love these.
If you love russian tea cookies aka snowballs..aka mexican wedding cookies...you'll love these as well.

Just a cooking note..
I used creamy PB instead of chunky, it worked splendidly.
And no...I didn't used edible glitter. Just three coats of good ol' powdered sugar.

Enjoy!
-Matti

Peanut Butter Snowball Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup chunky peanut butter
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted (not essential to sift...I only do it 1/2 the time!)
White edible glitter (optional)

1. Beat softened butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add granulated sugar, beating well. Stir in chunky peanut butter until blended.

2. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to peanut butter mixture, beating until well blended.

3. Roll dough into 60 (1-inch) balls; place 1 inch apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.

4. Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on baking sheets on wire racks 5 minutes. Roll warm cookies in powdered sugar. Dust with white edible glitter, if desired.

1 comment:

Melody said...

My 6 year old son is a peanut butter fanatic! I'll have to make these for him. Yummers!