Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Easy Microwave Caramel Corn


Today's treat is fast and easy...because I was one weary mommy by the time bed time arrived.
I love this recipe because I can make it in bowl in the microwave...which means you can make it in a hotel room...work space...space shuttle (okay...kidding). But really, it's easy.
It's modified from an online recipe a co-worker once gave me, because I wanted it to be extra gooey with caramel.
Enjoy!
-Matti

8-10 cups popcorn (I used my air popper and did one batch)
2/3 cup butter
1 1/3 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup karo syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda

Put popped popcorn in large bowl.
In separate, microwave safe bowl, melt butter for 45 seconds until mostly melted.
Stir.
Add brown sugar and karo syrup.
Microwave 1 minute (high).
Stir.
Microwave another 3 minutes.
Stir.
Add vanilla and baking soda and stir well until "foamy".
Pour over popcorn and stir well.
Eat.
Eat more.
Eat all gone!

No comments: