Sunday, February 7, 2010

Oreos (again)


Sweet Brenda had posted a recipe for Peppermint Oreos a while back(see here).

Homemade oreos are my weakness.
I found a tweaked recipe (just slightly) and changed the filling to cream cheese because I'm a sucker for anything with cream cheese.
Either one is splendid..and just in time for valentines day!!

Matti

Homemade Oreos
Preheat to 350
2 boxes Devil Food Cake mix
4 eggs
1 cup oil

Roll into balls and bake for 8-10 minutes (they should look "almost" done)
Cool and use two cookies to sandwich the frosting:

Cream Cheese Filling
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
1/4 c. butter
1 tbsp. vanilla
4 c. powdered sugar
*You can color the filling if wanted..we did pink for valentines day.

1 comment:

Sherry G said...

I have always wanted to make homemade oreos! Right now I have a box of them on top of my fridge,, but I think homemade ones would be much more satisfying!