Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Earthquake Cake


I'm not sure where I got this recipe (same as yesterday's).
I wrote them down months ago on a post-it notes and forgot about them until I purged my recipe drawers (yes..that is multiple). Anyway..whoever I borrowed them from...THANK YOU. You're great!

Anyway, I loved this cake.
I've never made it before today, and I'm not sure how I've lived without it.
It's easy.
It's quick.
Oh yes...and it's delicious!

Enjoy!
-Matti

EARTHQUAKE CAKE

2/3 cup coconut
2/3 cup nuts
2/3 cup chocolate chips
1 box chocolate cake, ingredients as necessary
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 lb powdered sugar
1 cube butter, softened

Preheat oven to 350
In a greased 9 x 13 pan, pour coconut, nuts and chocolate chips (I DID NOT use nuts...personal choice!)
Make cake mix according to box and pour over coconut mixture.
In a separate bowl, mix powder sugar, cream cheese and butter until smooth.
Drop mixture by spoonfuls over the cake (15-20 dollops).

Bake for 45 minutes (or 40..if you have an oven with a mind of it's own like me).
Let cool.
Mmmm.

1 comment:

Melody said...

I love the chocolate and coconut together. This looks too good to live without!