Sunday, August 30, 2009

Strawnana Bread

My husband came home from work last week with a big box of bananas that couldn't be shipped out to the stores. To make sure and use them all up, I searched the Internet for recipes with banana's. I came across this recipe for Strawnana Bread. We tried it and loved it. I hope you enjoy too.
-Brenda

4 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups white sugar
1 1/2 cups strawberries, mashed
1 cup mashed bananas
1 cup vegetable oil
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup chopped walnuts, optional


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 9x5 inch pans.


In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt & nutmeg. In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar strawberries, bananas & oil. Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes. Add flour mixture and stir just until moistened. Stir in walnuts in desired (I didn't add the walnuts because I didn't have any).


Bake for 1 hour or until loaves test done. Remove to wire rack to cool.


Note: The original recipe also called for 1 tablespoon of orange zest, but I didn't have any oranges, so I didn't add it and it tasted great without.

No comments: