Sunday, August 30, 2009

Mmmmmm....Apple Pie

I made pie last night.
Not just any pie...apple...with crumb topping, caramel and pecans.
Oh my.

I made two, actually.
One for my house...and one for the lovely lady in my ward who bid and won 12 months of my desserts at our Enrichment Service Auction.

You MUST try this.
It's so easy.
So rustic.
And so tasty.

Thanks PW for making me try this recipe!!
Matti



Scrumptous Apple Pie

1 pie crust

6 to 7 cups peeled and sliced Granny Smith apples
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 cup sugar
4 tablespoons flour
1/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 sticks butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup quick oats
1/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup pecans
1/2 jar (or more) caramel topping

Mix peeled apples, lemon juice, sugar, flour, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
Cut the butter into the flour, then add in brown sugar, oats, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Add apples to prepared pie shell and top with crumb topping. Cover crust edges with aluminum foil and bake in a 375-degree oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil from crust and place back into the oven for another 30 minutes. Chop pecans, and when five minutes remain, sprinkle them over the pie. Finish baking. Quiver with anticipation.

Remove pie from oven and pour 1/2 jar on caramel topping over the top. Allow to cool slightly before serving.

No comments: