Thursday, May 28, 2009

Russian Tea Cookies


These cookies are also known as "Mexican Wedding Cookies" or "Danish Butter Cookies".
Whatever you know them as...they are my absolute favorite cookie.
Truly.
It's why I rarely make them...because I could..and will...
eat most of them.
I had bought some for work last week..but they weren't as good as homemade.
So today I broke down and made them.
They are incredibly easy and the ingredients are so simple. I make mine without nuts, however.
And yes...I ate too many.
Too many to admit.
Enjoy!
-Matti

Russian Tea Cookies
1 cup butter or marg, softened
1/2 cup p. sugar
1 tea vanilla
2 1/4 cups flour (all purpose)
3/4 cup finely chopped nuts (optional)(pecans are best if you add nuts)
1/4 tea salt
powdered sugar

Heat oven to 400.
Mix butter, 1/2 cup p sugar, and vanilla until combined and creamy.
Stir in flour and salt using mixer until dough holds together.
Shape dough into 1 in balls.
Place on ungreased cookie sheet 1 in apart.
Bake 10 minutes or until set but NOT brown.
Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack, cool 5 minutes.
Roll warm cookies in powdered sugar, cool on wire rack 5 minutes again.
Roll in powdered sugar one last time.
Eat.

2 comments:

Adrianne said...

LOVE these! I can't wait to make some! yumm!!

Veronica Haley said...

i made these 2, yummy!!