Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Pumpkin Pancakes

by Brenda

I loved these when I had them at IHOP and recently found this recipe that we tried and loved.

1 3/4 cup milk
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 egg
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp distilled white vinegar
2 cups flour
3 tbsp packed brown sugar
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp soda
1/2 salt

Beat together milk, pumpkin, egg, oil and vinegar. In a separate bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir dry mixture into wet mixture just until combined.

Cook up on a griddle. Very important, keep the griddle down to a lower heat. I found that cooking them on medium the first batch cooked good, but as the pan got warmer, they browned too quickly, but the inside was just a little doughy for my taste. So, I suggest keeping the heat down a little so the inside gets cooked and the outside doesn't get too browned/burned.

IHOP serves them with whipped cream, but when I made them at home, we just put maple syrup on them.

Notes: I used pumpkin puree that I froze last year so I only added 1 1/2 cups milk so they wouldn't be too runny. After tasting batter, I added another tsp (3 tsp total) of the pumpkin pie spice because we like more of the pumpkin flavor.

No comments: