Monday, June 10, 2013

Taco Pizza

This little blog would have a lot more recipes if I could just remember to take a picture!  I decided this one was just too yummy to not post even if I don't have pictures to go with it.
I found the inspiration over at Brandy's Baking, which she found at The Pioneer Woman.   Both of those ladies just used beans but I used hamburger and beans just to make it go over better with the husband.

Pizza dough, I used Melissa's recipe here, use your own or do what Matti does, and get pizza dough all made and rolled out from Papa Murphy's! 
1 lb hamburger browned, drained and rinsed
1 can black or pinto beans, smashed
1 pkg taco seasoning
shredded cheese
lettuce
cilantro
olives
green onions
sour cream
hot sauce (I used valentina)

Preheat oven to 500 degrees,
Mix together hot sauce and sour cream, set aside
Combine your hamburger, beans and taco seasoning.  Cook for 5 or 10 minutes, adding water if needed to make it a spreadable consistency. 
Spread meat mixture on top of the prepared pizza dough and top with shredded cheese.
Bake for 9 minutes or until dough is done and cheese is melted.
Remove pizza from oven and top with shredded cheese, lettuce, cilantro, and whatever other toppings you like on your taco.
Drizzle with sour cream mixture and serve.

No comments: