Friday, June 21, 2013

Breakfast Tator Tot Casserole

I don't have a source for this recipe.  I printed it off sometime in the last month and stashed it in my recipe binder.  I don't always love breakfast casseroles, sometimes they are soggy or weird but this one was really good!  My family thought it tasted like the filling for breakfast burritos and the husband actually ate it wrapped in a tortilla with salsa.

1 lb cooked ground sausage or cubed ham or bacon, just make sure it is cooked (I used sausage)
2-4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups milk
4 eggs
2 lbs frozen tator tots

Spread cooked meat evenly in the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan, then spread cheese over the meat.
In a large bowl, mix together the eggs and milk. (I added a little salt and pepper at this point.) Pour over cheese.  May be refrigerated overnight at this point.

Top with frozen tator tots.

Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45 min.

No comments: