Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Licorice Caramels

By Vera - from Sue's kitchen!
The Wiscombe's used to make these at Christmas time each year. I do NOT likc black licorice, but I LOVE these caramels! The other day, Sue and I were talking about these and I offered to get the ingredients if she would make them and I help wrap them! I thought that was a GREAT deal!!!

Licorice Caramels:
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 cups sugar
1 cup butter
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cup white corn syrup

Combine ingredients in heavy saucepan. Stir constantly over medium heat until it reaches 244 degrees (firm-ball stage). Remove from heat and add 1 tsp. licorice or anise flavor and 1 tsp. black paste food coloring. Cool in buttered pan. Cut and wrap in wax paper. Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.

No comments: