Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Baked Oatmeal

I have had this recipe that I found over at oneshetwoshe.com sitting in my favorites list ever since I first saw it. I love oatmeal and love that my kids love it. In fact, if you haven't tried Vera's (Sue's) Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal yet, you really ought to! I finally made this baked oatmeal on Sunday and it was a hit. I was a little nervous when it came out of the oven, it didn't look like I had pictured it. It only took one bite, however to realize that is recipe is a must-keep.
Marie

1/2 cup melted butter
2 eggs
3/4 cup packed brown sugar (or 1 cup white sugar, depending on your preference)
2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup milk
3 cups Old Fashioned oatmeal (not quick)
1 tsp. salt
Mix together butter, eggs and sugar in a medium bowl. Stir in the rest of the ingredients, baking powder, milk, old fashioned oatmeal, and salt.
Pour the mixture into a sprayed/greased 9x13 dish.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Serve with milk or any other toppings you like.

No comments: