Sunday, September 18, 2011

Easy Black Forest Cake

I found the inspiration for this cake on Allrecipes.com and changed it up a little to make it a little more dense, moist and chocolaty. If I liked cherries and chocolate I am sure I would have loved it-it looked very good! However, my family loved it and gave it rave reviews.
Marie

1 box of chocolate cake mix
3 eggs
1 small box chocolate pudding
1 Tlbs almond extract
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips, divided
1 (21 oz) can cherry pie filling
Glaze
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2 Tlbs milk
1 Tlbs butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar

Mix all cake ingredients together just until moistened. Pour into bundt pan sprayed with cooking spray. Bake in 350 degree oven for 40-45 minutes or until done.
Cool for 10 minutes in pan and then turn cake out of pan.
To make glaze, mix chocolate chips, milk and butter in microwave until smooth. Whisk in powdered sugar until desired consistency. Pour over cake.

No comments: