Friday, February 4, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Pizza




I found the base of this recipe at Or So She Says, but changed it a little, making a whole pizza instead of mini pizzas and using pizza dough instead of rolls. It was delicious! I used the same wing sauce as in this recipe. I highly recommend it if you can find it, it is called Wing-Time. It is the best bottled wing sauce I have ever found! We like spicy food, but even the medium is a little spicy for the kids.
Marie

1 large pizza crust (I used this one this time, but at some Papa Murphy's you can just buy the crust.)
1 lb diced chicken breast
olive oil
paprika (I had smoked paprika so I used that, just to add a little more flavor)
cayenne pepper
2 Tbs melted butter
1/2 cup hot sauce (I used a little more that that for a large pizza)
grated mozzarella cheese
Sprinkle chicken with paprika and cayenne pepper and cook chicken in olive oil until chicken is done. In a small bowl, combine wing sauce and melted butter.
Prepare pizza dough and add the wing sauce, chicken, and cheese. We poured more sauce on top. Bake according to pizza dough instructions.
You could use ranch or bleu cheese for dipping, if desired

No comments: