Monday, December 6, 2010

Creme Brulee French Toast

I have to admit, I didn't take pictures of this because I really didn't think it would taste this good! I am not a fan of most breakfast casseroles or baked bread/egg/milk mixtures but this one is defiantly blog/company worthy! The recipe is from Or So She Says.

1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 T corn syrup
Melt ingredients together and pour into the bottom of a metal cookie sheet. Don't use glass or it will turn out soggy.

For the dip
5 eggs
1 1/2 cups half and half
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
Mix together and dip the bread. Place the bread on top of the syrup in the pan. You can make this the night before and cook it in the morning or cook it right away. Bake a 350 for 32-36 min flipping half way through.

*I 1 1/2 this recipe to make it fit in my 11X17 inch jelly roll pan. It served my family of 7 with leftovers, which were also delicious. I used 12 slices of loaf bread and baked 18 min on each side. I also made it the night before. It is really rich, you won't want syrup!

No comments: