Monday, October 4, 2010

Skeletons/Mummy Munch


I found this recipe on Picky Palate.
It's originally named Mummy Munch...but I found skeleton cupcake liners and cupcake toppers while I was unpacking Halloween boxes.
It was like Christmas!

So, I made the recipe and told my kids it was "Skeleton Crunchies" (didn't' want to confuse the mummy's with the skeletons...that would be a Halloween "no no").

This is easy to make.
Easy to modify however you like (for instance...I just used candy corn instead of Autumn Mix) and left out the peanuts (for choking hazard reasons with my 1 yr old).
Oh yes..and it's pretty yummy.

Matti

Mummy Munch from Picky Palate

4 Cups Honey Chex Cereal

16 oz package vanilla candy melts

1 Cup Autumn Mix (candy corn, little pumpkins)

1 Cup dry roasted peanuts

2 Cups mini pretzels

1. Place cereal, Autumn mix, peanuts and pretzels into a large bowl. Mix to combine. Melt vanilla candy melts according to package directions then pour into cereal mixture. Gently stir until well coated then pour onto wax paper or a silpat lined baking sheet to dry. Once dried, break up into pieces and put into cute Halloween cupcake liners or into little bags.
About 8 Cups

No comments: