Sunday, November 8, 2009

No-Bake White Chocolate Pie

I made this pie for the first time for a pie bake-off for our church's Halloween Party. I forgot to take a picture of the finished product before I took it to the party, so I had to make it again (darn it). I even took home first prize for it. We changed it slightly from the recipe. I will first give you the original recipe and I will tell you how I changed it.
-Brenda

4 oz. White Chocolate, chopped (I used white chocolate chips, instead)
1/2 lb cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup sour cream
1/2 cup heavy cream or whipping cream
1 banana, thinly sliced (I used black raspberry's instead)
1 9-inch graham cracker crust

Warm the chocolate in a bowl set over a pot of lightly simmering water. Remove from heat when partially melted; stir to melt completely. (I put my chips in a glass measuring cup and melted it in the microwave stirring every 30 seconds or so until melted.)

Beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Beat in the chocolate, then the sour cream. Whip the heavy cream until firm; gently fold into chocolate filling.
Put the banana slices (I smashed my black raspberry's onto to crust), top with the filling and chill at least 2 hours. If you'd like, sprinkle with grated dark chocolate before serving. (For the party, I put some black raspberry on top so that people would have an idea of what was inside for us, I didn't put anything on top.)

Graham Cracker Crust
Here is how I made the Graham Cracker Crust in this picture
1 sleeve Graham Crackers, finley crushed (about 1 1/2 cups)
1/4 sugar
1/3 butter or margarine, melted

Mix all together and then press into pie pan.

For the party, I used homemade Graham Crackers that I had made earlier in the week. Recipe is found on Smithalicious Here.

No comments: