Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Grams Bunt Cake

By Vera - from Grandma Smith

This introduction is for those who are not family members and may look at this blog, or for those family members who do not know the story.
My Grandma Smith used to make a Bunt Cake, which I absolutely loved. I do not remember telling her, but somehow she either found out or just knew that it was my favorite. She would make it for my birthday or other special occasions, and sometimes, just because. The recipe is called “Grams Bunt Cake”. I asked my mom about it and she thinks that it came from a lady in Caliente who was known as “Grams Singleton”.
Last week (before our family get-together in Boise) Melissa called me and asked if I had a favorite dessert. This cake was the first thing that entered my mind.
On Saturday night, after our family pictures, we had gone back to Brenda and Andrew’s and were all visiting when Melissa had everyone gather in the living room. She brought out this cake (with a few candles) and a paper in Grandma Smith’s hand-writing and under the title of the cake she had written “Vera favorite”. It was a great surprise and it tasted just how I remembered. – Thank you to Melissa and to my family for a wonderful end to a great day!

Here is the recipe:
1 Chocolate Cake Mix
1 Vanilla Pudding
1 Dream Whip
1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup oil
1 1/2 cup water
4 eggs

Bake in 13 X 9 pan at 350 degrees for 55 minutes.

Grandma's recipe has it in a 13 X 9 pan. I do not know if the temperature or time changes in a bunt cake pan. Those of you who bake would know better than I do!!!

No comments: