Sunday, September 16, 2012

Kelsie's Cucumber Salad

Cucumbers are a must-grow in my garden.  Most everything else is negotiable but cucumbers are my favorites and I probably eat one every day in the summer. Over the years I have tried lots of different cucumber salads but I hadn't found one that stayed around for too long.  Until I tried this one, of course.  It has just the right amount of seasonings and spices and just tastes so good!
I found it over at http://kelsies-kitchen.blogspot.com.  I am so glad that she decided to share!
Marie

6 large cucumbers, sliced thin (I peel mine)
1 Tbsp salt

1 tomato (I use more, at least 6)
1 med onion (I have used red, yellow and green onions, depending on what I have around)

Dressing:
1/2 cup cider vinegar
4 Tbsp canola oil
2 Tbsp honey
1 tsp celery salt
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp ground mustard
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 - 1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dried oregano
couple dashes of cayenne pepper

Put sliced cucumbers in a strainer and toss with salt.  Let stand for 30+ minutes.  It will draw the water out so put it in the sink or in a bowl in the fridge.
In a bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients.  Add the onions, tomatoes and drained cucumbers.

No comments: