Sunday, March 25, 2012

Jalapeno Popper Dip

Yes, this is as good as it sounds. And easy. What more could you ask for?!?
I forgot to take pictures before my bunko group got here and after it was over, well, I was only able to scrape a little bit out of the bowl to save for my husband so no pics again.
Marie
From Our Best Bites

2 8 oz pkgs cream cheese, softened (I used one light and one regular)
1 C mayo (not miracle whip and light works ok here too)
1 C Parmesan cheese
2 cloves garlic, finely diced
1 4oz can green chilies
1/2 to 1 4 oz can diced jalapeno peppers*
bacon, optional
1-2 sourdough baguettes, sliced or crackers

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients and place in small baking dish. If using bacon, reserve a few tablespoons out to sprinkle on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until dip is bubbly and golden brown.
I make mine a few hours ahead of time and pop it in the oven when I'm ready for it.
*The recipe calls for fire-roasted chilies but I just use regular chilies because that is what I have. I use the whole can of jalapeno peppers. For us it has a little bit of bite but not too much. The fire-roasted chilies might add more heat, though.

No comments: