Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Easiest Ever Minestrone

I found this recipe on I am Momma Hear Me Roar. I Love minestrone and this recipe sounded so easy. I couldn't wait to try it. We absolutely loved it. I also love how I normally have what is needed on had all the time and I also love how versatile it can be by adding different veggies and pasta. Also, I had just run out of Parmesan cheese, so we sprinkled a little mozzarella on top and it was yummy.
-Brenda
Easiest Ever Minestrone
1 lb Italian Sausage OR ground beef (I used the sausage)
2 jars of your favorite spaghetti sauce
2 jars of water (use your spaghetti sauce jars)
1 beef bullion cube (or 3 if you used beef)
1 cup of a vegetable (carrots, corn, peas, mushrooms, zucchini, etc)
1 cup of another vegetable
1 cup of another vegetable
1/4 cup chopped onion (optional)
1 1/2 tablespoons parsley
1 1/2 tablespoons Pizza seasoning
3/4 cup to 1 cup dry pasta (any pasta you like)
Brown your meat in a really big pot. Drain the grease. Add the spaghetti sauce and water. Throw in all the vegetables. Stir in the seasonings and cover your pot. Turn the heat down and let is simmer for 30 minutes to cook the veggies.
While it simmers start some water boiling and cook the pasta. When the pasta is done, drain it and add it to the soup.
Serve with Parmesan cheese and a yummy bread.
Note: this makes a really big pot of soup. We actually had so much that my family of 5 ate it for dinner, lunch and then had more left over so we freezed it to use another time.

No comments: