Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Microwave Caramels

I found this recipe on Pinterest early this month and couldn't resist making them right away. This is the easiest and quickest way to make caramels. I have made them three times, but I keep forgetting to take pictures, so please use your imagination. Also, I LOVE salted Caramels so I usually add a coarser salt, like Kosher Salt, on top after I pour it into the pan.
-Brenda

Ingredients
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup light Karo syrup
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
Coarse salt, if making Salted Caramels

Combine all ingredients in a big microwave safe bowl. Cook 6 minutes in the microwave on full power stirring every two minutes.

Pour into a lightly greased or buttered 8 inch or 9 inch square baking dish. If you are making Salted Caramel, sprinkle salt on top. Let cool. If you want, after they are cool you can cut them and wrap in wax paper. Store in an air tight container.

Enjoy!!

No comments: