Friday, September 9, 2011

Cowboy Quesadillas


I found this recipe over at Our Best Bites a few months ago. It has since been a staple at our house. Especially when I haven't been to the store for a while and we are out of everything. I almost always have these ingredients on hand and it is a great way to use up leftover chicken and rice if i have any.
I changed the recipe a little using a full can of black beans instead of a partial one.
Recently I have been adding in bell peppers and fresh tomatoes just because I have them in my garden. In the winter months, I just use a pint size jar of tomatoes, drained.
Marie
1 can black beans
1/2 cup rice, cooked
1 cup cooked chicken
1/2-1 cup frozen corn, thawed (I throw it in the microwave) or 1 can corn
diced tomato or small can of diced tomatoes, drained
3 Tlbs green onion, chopped
1 1/2 cup grated cheese, any kind
1/2 cup BBQ sauce or until it looks good
tortillas
Dipping Sauce:
equal parts BBQ sauce and ranch
Combine all ingredients except for tortillas and stir until combined.
Spread mixture on half of a tortilla and fold in half.
Heat a skillet to medium heat. Spray with cooking spray or drizzle with olive or canola oil
Cook for 2-3 minutes until slightly crisp. Flip and repeat on opposite side.
Serve with dipping sauce.

No comments: