Monday, June 6, 2011

Orange Julius

I grew up making these often and just figured everyone knew how to make them. In the last two weeks, though, I have made them for company twice and they have raved about them and wanted to know how to make it. All ingredients are approximate and can be altered according to taste. The powdered milk can be substituted for regular milk, just omit the water. I just think the powdered milk tastes better in this. Grape juice can also be used instead of orange juice if you don't have a huge dislike for grape juice like I do. I also like to add a banana and frozen strawberries or peaches or whatever I might have in my freezer just for fun sometimes.
Marie
1/2 of a 12 oz can frozen orange juice concentrate
1/4 -1/3 cup powdered milk
1-2 cups water
1/3 cup sugar (I usually try to get away with less)
1 tsp vanilla
Ice cubes
Combine all ingredients in a blender, adding ice cubes last. Blend well.

No comments: