Sunday, April 19, 2009

Creamy Rice, Chicken & Spinach Dinner

I found this recipe on the Kraft foods website. My little 2 year old even ate it right up.
-Brenda


1/4 cup Kraft Roasted Red Pepper Italian with Parmesan Dressing
1 lb. Boneless, Skinless Chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
2 cups instant brown rice, uncooked
4 oz (1/2 package) 1/3 less fat cream cheese, cubed
1 pkg (8 oz) spinach leaves
1 large tomato, chopped
2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese


Heat dressing in large & deep skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook 3 minutes. Add broth and bring it to a boil. Stir in rice, return to boil. Reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.


Add cream cheese cook for a couple of minutes or until melted, stirring frequently. Add spinach and cook covered for a minute until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat, let stand while covered for 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese.



Note #1: This picture is of my plate and I didn't put any tomatoes in it, because I don't really like tomatoes, so yours might look a little different than mine.

Note #2: I made this dish with WHITE rice rather than BROWN rice because that is what I had on hand. I ended up adding about another 1/2 half cup of water because the rice wasn't quite done. Also, you can substitute regular Italian Dressing (or any other flavor, I'm sure) for the Roasted Red Pepper dressing.

Note #3: Remember to use 1/2 the block of cream cheese. I was a little distracted by my two boys while I was doing that step and added the whole block. It was good, just really rich.

No comments: