Monday, March 24, 2008

King-Size Ginger Snaps

By Matti
I know I gave this recipe to Brenda, and I'm not sure who else. I thought I better post it again. These are the softest, most wonderful cookie ever!

2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup shortening (butter flavor)
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup light (mild) molasses
3 tsp baking soda

*Preheat to 350 degrees
*Sift dry ingredients together
*Cream wet ingredients
*Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix well.
*Roll into regular size cookie balls
*Roll cookie balls in regular sugar
*Place cookie balls on baking sheet and press each cookie with two fingers (1/2 way to flat).
*Bake 8 minutes
(***They will look a little undercooked when the come out....this is GOOD. Let them cool, then eat them. Don't overbake or they get hard as soon as they are cool).

1 comment:

The Picanco Family said...

These are sooo yummy. Matti gave me this recipe and we LOVE these cookies.